Re: cellulose insulation as litter?

Mara Hurwitt & Sam Cox

Thanks.  I specifically googled the MSDS sheet, which didn't come up in my initial search and wasn't readily accessible on the manufacturers' website.  I found the list of chemicals you mentioned.  And I also looked at the potential health effects listed on the safety sheet:

Inhalation:  Slightly irritating to upper respiratory system. Persons with respiratory problems should avoid breathing dust.
Eyes:  Slight irritant. In case of eye contact, flush with water.
Ingestion:  Small amounts are not likely to cause harm. Ingestion of large amounts may cause rash, diarrhea, nausea.
Skin:  Does not normally irritate skin. In case of broken skin, wear gloves and wash dust from skin with soap and plenty of water. Large amounts absorbed into bloodstream may cause rash, skin peeling, diarrhea, nausea, dizziness.
Acute:  None
Chronic:  None
Cancer:  Neither the end product nor any of its components.

Her rabbit had developed an eye ulcer that did not respond to treatment by an excellent rabbit vet, despite trying a series of different drops and ointments over a few months.  I wonder if had anything to do with the "litter" she was using.

-----Original Message-----
To: etherbun
Sent: Wed, Jul 4, 2018 1:44 pm
Subject: Re: [EtherBun] cellulose insulation as litter?

GreenFiber R13-R60 Cellulose Blown-in Insulation.  

Trash. Normally you can look at the MSDS to see what's in the product. It has chemicals in it to prevent mold and rodents it looks like. Newsprint, Boric Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Ammonium Sulfate, and Distillate Mineral Oil. 

On 07/04/2018 09:04 AM, Mara and Sam kabukibun@... [etherbun] wrote:

Join main@etherbun.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.