RHDV2 in Ohio? was Re: [Etherbun Main] wild baby rabbit (possibly sick)

BenBun'sMom

Dave can you please elaborate on your post:  "I'm worried that he may be suffering from RHVD2 (which is going around here in Ohio." I have not read or heard of the disease currently in Ohio.  Thanks for any info.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 6:06 PM David L. Fisher <dlf@...> wrote:
Someone in a neighboring community here posted about a baby wild rabbit
in their front yard that hasn't moved for well over an hour but is still
alive.  He allowed this person to get right up to him.  I'm worried that
he may be suffering from RHVD2 (which is going around here in Ohio) -
the pic is here:

http://3bunnies.net/etherbun/Wild/possibly%20sick%20or%20injured%20rabbit.jpeg

Does anyone have any advice on how I should try to help (if it's even
possible, or if I should even try) - the wildlife hospital here is
closed already, and I'm not sure I want to risk bringing the disease
home to my bunnies.

Thanks