Re: ADMIN: Donations to Etherbun

BenBun'sMom

Thanks very much for taking the time to prepare this post-appeal wrap-up that clarifies my questions.  It's great that, at least so far, we are maintained at the lower introductory rate.  Hope we can hang on to that for a long time!

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 11:11 AM Mark <mark318318@...> wrote:
Hi EB'ers,

By "reimbursement" I meant the repayment of Groups.io expense incurred by the mods on behalf of Etherbun - not compensation for time.
Etherbun moderators are all volunteers - we are uncompensated.

In the rush to get the group and it's archives transferred over from Yahoo Groups, the mods fronted the fee for the first year of Groups.io service from personal funds.
Then, as the panic subsided, and inertia set in (!), before we knew it another year had passed, and again we fronted to keep the group going.

Here are the numbers, all in one place:
As of my last update from Dana on Nov 7, 2020, our donations and expenses are as follows:

Donations received: $699.87

Fees paid to Groups.io:
10/21/19 - $110.00 for 10/21/19 to 10/20/20
10/21/20 - $110.00 for 10/21/20 to 10/20/21

Monies repaid to mods for reimbursement of Groups.io: $220.00
Remaining funds: $479.87

The remaining funds will provide for four more years of subscription fees, assuming they dont increase (Not a given, but so far Groups.io has grandfathered us in at the old rate of $110.00, not the new rate of $220.00).

Note that we may have received additional donations since Nov 7, but I haven't asked Dana for an update, as I assume she is very busy during the semester.

If you would still like to donate, you may do so here: http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/donate.html
In the comments, please mention that the donation is for Etherbun, so that it goes to the right account.

Thanks, and sorry for any confusion.
-mark for EBAC

On 2/5/2021 2:38 AM, BenBun'sMom wrote:
Thanks for this.  My donation was in response to the appeal to pay for the group presence on the Groups IO platform.  I was not aware that monies were also needed to reimburse moderators/owners.  Does the previously stated $110 per year for "last year" (2019 or 2020?) include payment to personnel or is/was $110 the fee required to maintain Etherbun on the Groups IO platform?  I'm trying to understand if Etherbun is effectively covered for its presence on Groups IO for roughly six (6) years from 2019 through 2024.

When soliciting funds it's courteous and advisable to make available a full financial accounting to donors, and I am certain non-donating members also have an interest in understanding the security of Etherbun going forward.

Many thanks to the group owner(s) and moderator(s) for their expertise and voluntary support of this long-standing resource for individuals who care for domestic pet rabbits.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 8:47 PM mark via groups.io <mark318318=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dear Etherbun Community,

First, apologies for the lack of communication.
Other things intervene - Real life, holidays, and of course.... inertia.

We are thrilled to report that as of Nov 7, 2020 the community has
donated a whopping $699.87!
This was much more than we expected in such a short time.
It reimburses the mods for the last two years, and establishes a kitty
to keep the group running for four more!

We The Mods (and of course The Buns) extend heartfelt thanks to everyone
who contributed.
I don't have the details on who donated how much, but you know who you are.

Thank You!
-mark for EBAC

PS Someone mentioned the lack of a receipt for donations. If you did not
receive a receipt but would like one, please email Dana Krempels at
dana@... with the relevant information. HARE is a registered
401(c)(3) charity.