From: main@etherbun.groups.io <main@etherbun.groups.io> on behalf of David L. Fisher <dlf@...>
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2021 7:01 PM
To: main@etherbun.groups.io <main@etherbun.groups.io>
Subject: [Etherbun Main] Monty is NOT a good boy

Monty is a good girl, not a good boy.  I brought Monty to the vet this
week due to a concern about a watery eye, and the vet did a full exam
from head to toe, and discovered that there was never a neuter done (we
never had a reason to check and assumed we knew the history), so he
sexed Monty and determined that my fuzzball is a female.  There is no
evidence of a spay, so Monty might still be intact, in which case we are
not planning any surgery at this point - I've had Monty for almost 6
years now.

Perhaps this explains what happened with my attempts at bonding with
other bunnies.  I wasn't really expecting a gender identity issue with
my bunny, but... notice how I avoided the use of pronouns in reference
to Monty.  Maybe I can use the term "tomboy" or something.  :)

Monty's eye is fine, no indication of anything wrong, but I wanted to
err on the side of caution.