Re: Treatment for Ear Infection?

Meg Brown

Hi Ellen,
   That is so sad for those poor bunnies and must be really difficult for you to witness.

     Letting bunnies run around loose is considered Animal Abandonment in NYS.  I have helped a few bunnies by bringing that to the peoples’ attention.
      In 2 cases, the people wanted to relinquish the bunnies.  In every case, it led to an initial conflict as people usually think it’s fine and they become defensive.

If you can talk with the people, perhaps you could at least nicely say that you noticed the ear issue ... and that you have some medication which works great for not only ear mites (which it sounds like), but fleas.

  Revolution 1x a month for 2 months should clear up the mites, if that’s what the problem is.   Both bunnies should be treated.

     Wishing for the best outcome for the sweet bunnies💗🐰🐰
 Sincerely,
      Meg

On Feb 27, 2021, at 9:01 PM, thompson@... wrote:

Hello bunny-lovers, I have two beautiful buns who stay inside the house. My neighbor has two bunnies that she lets roam around the neighborhood : (  I noticed that one of the bunnies has a HUGE infection in his ear - the whole ear is filled. It is so sad. I would like to help this bunny but I don't know what to do? Thank you so much for any ideas.
Best,
Ellen
mom of Cinnabun and Clive