Re: Adequan, Myristol

BenBun'sMom

Pippi is doing well with acupuncture (and aquapuncture, B12 injected at certain needling sites).  Just considering adjuncts to give her the best support we can, home care between acu sessions.  BTW hand needles are helpful on sensitive rabbits, a great improvement over conventional sizes.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 1:15 PM Mara <kabukibun@...> wrote:
Hi,

I tried Myristol for several months and it didn’t help my Flemish Giant at all. Others may have had different experiences.

I haven’t used Adequan.

I had some success with acupuncture.

On Feb 28, 2021, at 12:10 PM, BenBun'sMom <lloydse@...> wrote:

Ten y/o Pippi has developing OA through hips, knees, hocks, and one therapeutic her vet mentioned is Adequan.  Used that years ago, then disc'd when it was in short supply.  Is Adequan still considered favorable, effective, safe, with rabbits?  Is it preferably given IM or SC -- some articles suggest it may be less effective SC (?)

Anyone still fond of Myristol as an adjunct therapeutic in OA situations?  Thanks.