Re: progress?

John Gee

Hi David,

I'm glad you are rescuing rabbits and giving them a great home. When two rabbits meet in the space one calls home they need to be kept separated .  They should be setup in two pens near  each other with open neutral space between . They can see each other while in their pens. You can try two    quick  bonding items. Place the two rabbits in a cardboard  box and let them settle in while being placed in the back seat of a car being driven. The vibration from the car should force them to sit quietly next to each other. The two rabbits can be placed in a dry bathtub. The tub surface will be slick and difficult to move on. The rabbits will stay next to each other .These two methods should be used with other bonding  methods with the rabbits in a room / space together.

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 09:27:01 PM CDT, David L. Fisher <dlf@...> wrote:

Oops, I may have spoken too soon.  I let the newcomer out again (as I
was writing the last message) and Monty was in her pen, but lunging at
her when she got close, trying to claw and/or bite her.  In fact, Monty
scared her enough that she made a puddle right there, one of the times.
So... the two bunnies have met, and Monty is still true-to-form about
other bunnies in her home, so we'll see how things go.

I have to go back to MA in July for a wedding, so we have until then to
try a bond, unless the newcomer gets a space at the rescue so she can be
adopted.  Obviously I want what's best for both buns.

Dave