From: main@etherbun.groups.io <main@etherbun.groups.io> on behalf of David L. Fisher <dlf@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 9:28 PM
To: main@etherbun.groups.io <main@etherbun.groups.io>
Subject: [Etherbun Main] progress?

I let the newcomer out to run around last night, and made sure that
Monty couldn't get too aggressive (and she seems to be inclined to nip
through the x-pen fence).  So far, Monty has ignored her enough that I
think it's a good sign.

Interestingly, not a single territorial marker (no poop, no pee) from
her exploring, and also just sitting and calmly grooming herself.  Later
on, I noticed that Monty went around and licked the carpet everywhere
the newcomer was - and she also didn't leave any territorial markers.

I know it's early on, but I think this might be a good sign, except for
the small displays of aggression.  I'm hoping that Monty will get used
to her sharing the space, and come to accept her.  She is not hyper like
the other bunnies I had here (which might annoy Monty) - she is very
mellow, and I'm hoping she'll come out of her shell.  When she's in her
pen, she invariably is in her hidey box when I'm around but will hang
out visible and Monty will hang out so she can see her.

I hope this is an encouraging sign - it would be really nice if Monty
had a friend, but so far I still can't tell if she lost interest after
the other rescues that were here.