Topics

10 babies

vivian` barna

Update
2 of the 3 runts are catching to the others. They like doubled in size but still smaller than the rest and pink, no hair yet.

One runt left and getting supportive feeding from me and is very small. Its not much bigger than when it popped out but i +think+ the feedings are helping a little bit.

Im trying to feed it and it fights. I also tried to put it next under the mom when she was relaxing on her side but she wouldnt have it. That would be the optimal.

Thanks to all that sent me information. It was quite helpful.
From the info, i learned that you should wipe the belly with wet warm piece of cotton after the feeding to stimiuilate the GI which i didnt know about.

Again,
Thanks

Chris Norlund

You should swipe its rectum after each feeding, not so much the belly. Damp finger tip to simulate mama licking it.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020, 4:33 PM vivian` barna <kailashananda108108@...> wrote:
Update
2 of the 3 runts are catching to the others. They like doubled in size but still smaller than the rest and pink, no hair yet.

One runt left and getting supportive feeding from me and is very small. Its not much bigger than when it popped out but i +think+ the feedings are helping a little bit.

Im trying to feed it and it fights. I also tried to put it next under the mom when she was relaxing on her side but she wouldnt have it. That would be the optimal.

Thanks to all that sent me information. It was quite helpful.
From the info, i learned that you should wipe the belly with wet warm piece of cotton after the feeding to stimiuilate the GI which i didnt know about.

Again,
Thanks

Chris Norlund

Also.... if you feed the runt he will lose is ability to suckle and nurse.  Hold him on mama and keep trying. However have a little bit of goats milk ready to go.
Is his body growing at all? Head is proportionate to his back end???
This litter- of misfits has me wondering if mama has coccidia or something.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020, 4:33 PM vivian` barna <kailashananda108108@...> wrote:
Update
2 of the 3 runts are catching to the others. They like doubled in size but still smaller than the rest and pink, no hair yet.

One runt left and getting supportive feeding from me and is very small. Its not much bigger than when it popped out but i +think+ the feedings are helping a little bit.

Im trying to feed it and it fights. I also tried to put it next under the mom when she was relaxing on her side but she wouldnt have it. That would be the optimal.

Thanks to all that sent me information. It was quite helpful.
From the info, i learned that you should wipe the belly with wet warm piece of cotton after the feeding to stimiuilate the GI which i didnt know about.

Again,
Thanks