Topics

Bloody urine after bladder flush

angela95010@gmail.com

My bun just went through his first ever bladder flush procedure for a bad case of sludge. I was told that I could expect to see bloody urine. Does anyone have any experience with how long this can last after the procedure? Hours? Days? Weeks?

I can tell you I've had a cystoscopy myself and was peeing blood for about 5-7 days afterwards. It also was very painful to pee. I don't know for our bunnies specifically but I assume it would also irritate their urinary tract as well. Is your bunny getting metacam? I hope you get some answers soon. Maybe ask your vet how long to expect this?

JG

Yes, he’s on 10 days of metacam.   I can already see the difference in his pee.. yesterday it was bloody, today it looks much clearer.  Thanks.

On 23 Dec 2020, at 06:02, Thumpers Mama <jmiller111391@...> wrote:

I can tell you I've had a cystoscopy myself and was peeing blood for about 5-7 days afterwards. It also was very painful to pee. I don't know for our bunnies specifically but I assume it would also irritate their urinary tract as well. Is your bunny getting metacam? I hope you get some answers soon. Maybe ask your vet how long to expect this?

JG

My rabbit Tokki had one yesterday… and his urine is already looking much clearer today, so hopefully not too long.  but this is my first experience with it.

vibes sent to your bun.

Julie

On 22 Dec 2020, at 20:19, angela95010@... wrote:

My bun just went through his first ever bladder flush procedure for a bad case of sludge. I was told that I could expect to see bloody urine. Does anyone have any experience with how long this can last after the procedure? Hours? Days? Weeks?

angela95010@gmail.com

Yes, I have metacam and I can tell it's effective. The vet who did the flush is off for a few days, that's why I posted here, because I know there's very knowledgeable participants in this groups. The bloody urine stopped a few hours after the flush, then started again the next day, then stopped again. I just wanted to see if it was normal to have bleeding 48 hours after the flush. Thank you for your reassuring response as to your own human experience!