From: main@etherbun.groups.io <main@etherbun.groups.io> on behalf of Leslie B via groups.io <lesliebrassell@...>
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2021 12:28 PM
To: Etherbun <main@etherbun.groups.io>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Etherbun Main] Peeing

CAUTION: This email originated from outside the organization. DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS or OPEN ATTACHMENTS unless you know and trust the sender.

Has anyone ever seen a rabbit lift his leg to pee? I was reading the “ask a vet” section on Oxbow’s website. The vet was talking about litter training. He said, “ If they happen to lift their leg or “get into position” when they are not in their litter box, simply say “No,” and gently herd or place them in the litter box.”    I have never seen this or read about it anywhere else.
Thanks,
Leslie

hunhare

Unless it was Micah.  Then  I think he probably just had a little glitch.  🙂

Dana

Dana Krempels, PhD

Senior Lecturer

Department of Biology

University of Miami

No, bunnies don't lift their legs to pee.  That vet must be a dog vet masquerading as a rabbit vet!  😆😆😆

Dana

Dana Krempels, PhD

Senior Lecturer

Department of Biology

University of Miami

CAUTION: This email originated from outside the organization. DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS or OPEN ATTACHMENTS unless you know and trust the sender.

Has anyone ever seen a rabbit lift his leg to pee? I was reading the “ask a vet” section on Oxbow’s website. The vet was talking about litter training. He said, “ If they happen to lift their leg or “get into position” when they are not in their litter box, simply say “No,” and gently herd or place them in the litter box.”    I have never seen this or read about it anywhere else.
Thanks,
Leslie

Leslie B

😂😂 Thanks! Those are my thoughts exactly!
Leslie

David L. Fisher

I had one male that was never neutered and he never lifted his leg.  The only reason I can think of for a bun to lift his leg while peeing would be if his foot was getting wet, which means an issue with the litterbox setup.