follow up

veronica torres

hi guys! youre all giving me great advice. but i am visual and have a hard time understanding what it is you are all talking about without a good picture. if its possible, could you guys send me pictures of what youre talking about in your email?

also as for cutting the entrance, the material used for my litter box is one that would not be easy to cut, and i love the way it is and i would much rather not cut it. i would be open to, however, having an ADDITIONAL litter box along with her main one - this additional one can be low and easier to get into. would that work?
--
Veronica.T🎀

David L. Fisher

The main issue with using a ramp is that it helps the bunny get into the litterbox, but then he still has to jump back out.  If you get a second litterbox and cut that, you might find your bunny using that one because it's easy to get in AND OUT of it.

You don't have to cut all the way down - I did this for one bunny and cut one end down to about half its original height (I have no pics of it to show you), and it made it a lot easier for him to get in and out of the litterbox, and didn't result in that much mess (there's always going to be a little mess, whether it's a few poops or some hay).

Dave

On 5/27/2021 10:15 AM, veronica torres wrote:
hi guys! youre all giving me great advice. but i am visual and have a hard time understanding what it is you are all talking about without a good picture. if its possible, could you guys send me pictures of what youre talking about in your email?

also as for cutting the entrance, the material used for my litter box is one that would not be easy to cut, and i love the way it is and i would much rather not cut it. i would be open to, however, having an ADDITIONAL litter box along with her main one - this additional one can be low and easier to get into. would that work?
--
Veronica.T🎀

gabbysbunnies

I have this type of litter pan for my senior bunnies.  They are very easy to get in and out of and also easy to clean.

Gabrielle LaManna
New Fairfield, CT

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 02:59:19 PM EDT, David L. Fisher <dlf@...> wrote:

[...]

judi lainer

I don’t understand liking the way a litterbox looks if it’s not functional for the rabbit.

You can just buy a litterbox for a disabled rabbit.

Judi Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
Educator HRS MD/DC/NoVa
Licensed Veterinary Technician
**Sent from my iPhone

lakesancutuary

I'm wondering if you just used the lid from a big plastic storage container?  Someone mentioned using a pizza box and these plastic lids are good size and the sides are usually only and inch or two high.

Martha and our sweet dog Fletcher

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 03:28:50 PM EDT, judi lainer via groups.io <bunsnpigs@...> wrote:

I don’t understand liking the way a litterbox looks if it’s not functional for the rabbit.

You can just buy a litterbox for a disabled rabbit.

Judi Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
Educator HRS MD/DC/NoVa
Licensed Veterinary Technician
**Sent from my iPhone

--
Martha and her angel bunnies Cappy, Biscuit & Roxie