Hay in Washington

Maureen Las

“Is hay from Washington safe?”

I don’t order from Farmer Dave, however, I have contacted several other hay companies with concern about RHD. Oxbow keeps hay several months before shipping it out . They are on top of the out break and very concerned about keeping rabbits safe. I cannot find any protocol for RHD on FarmerDave website, however , it appears that you can message them either on Facebook page or their website. In the links there is actual phone number that can be used.
If a company doesn’t respond to questions I would be leery. Any hay distributor who is not concerned about RHD is not very aware. I order from Oxbow and also have ordered from an east coast company( Sweet Meadows) . There is a Facebook group for anyone to join which is tracking the virus. Good idea to join it

Maureen Las