Litter box substrate option

BenBun'sMom

Last year a spot shortage that affected me for a few weeks was horse stall bedding wood pellets ... had to come up with an option that might be helpful for those of you who worry about sensitive rabbit feet on wood pellets.

An alternative absorbent is a multi-layer soft paper product sold as "wadding" to protect fragile objects in shipping.  Mine was from Uline --

It's ten ply, ten thin layers of paper with air between that make a cushy absorbent base under hay.  Some destructobuns may be inclined to yank the sheet out of the box, but you know who your miscreants are (the newspaper diggers) and can plan accordingly.  Anyway, just throwing this out there as another litter pan option.  Not the cheapest I guess, but good to have a plan B for everything these days.