From: main@etherbun.groups.io <main@etherbun.groups.io> on behalf of susanbsilberman via groups.io <susanbsilberman@...>
Sent: 01 June 2021 03:22
To: main@etherbun.groups.io <main@etherbun.groups.io>
Subject: [Etherbun Main] Looking for Best Carpet for our REX Bun

Hi, I'm brand new to the group as I just adopted 3 YO Piper 7 weeks ago. Unfortunately since we've already experienced sore hocks :-( I'm very aware of how important the correct flooring is for my Rex. I'd like to put down carpet in a bedroom in a summer cottage that Piper would be freely roaming around in, and I hope someone can chime in with the best type of carpet to buy. Thanks in advance! Susan

John Gee

Hi,

I'm glad you adopted and posted here. You could use a piece of  linoleum and fleece pads. The pads could be placed over parts of the linoleum .You may want to limit the space setup for Piper. Rabbits enjoy marking their turf with poops and chin marks You can setup rabbit space in a small part in the corner of the room.. A room allows for many hiding spots and needs to be rabbit proofed . Exposed wires need to be covered, hiding spots under furniture need to be blocked , and a rabbit should have a "home " setup . I would setup an X-pen on the linoleum & pad space with a cardboard box to hide in, a litter box, pellet bowl ,and plastic or wood chew toys.

The linoleum should be easy to clean. The fleece pads can be washed . A piece of carpet or a towel are items rabbit chewing. Both are stringy when chewed and could become stuck in Piper's GI tract. Enjoy Piper and watch for binkies. A binky is when a house  rabbit jumps  a few inches of the floor showing happiness.

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 11:53:25 PM CDT, <susanbsilberman@...> wrote:

Hi, I'm brand new to the group as I just adopted 3 YO Piper 7 weeks ago. Unfortunately since we've already experienced sore hocks :-( I'm very aware of how important the correct flooring is for my Rex. I'd like to put down carpet in a bedroom in a summer cottage that Piper would be freely roaming around in, and I hope someone can chime in with the best type of carpet to buy. Thanks in advance! Susan

o o

Woven mats would go with a beach house vibe and can be found relatively cheaply in a variety of bun munching safe materials. Plus some are washable.