From: <main@etherbun.groups.io>, <bpbhoo@...>
Sent: Aug 17, 2021 1:02 PM
To: Romina <bunnyquestions108@...>, <main@etherbun.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Etherbun Main] Question re Tripod

can they treat the sarcoma without amputation?  sha

Ulrike

Hi Romina, sorry to hear about your poor rescue rabbit... I'm on a German rabbit group and occasionally people ask about leg amputations and others respond with their experiences, including photos. Rabbits seem to cope well on 3 legs, even when a hind leg is missing. I don't know what the long term implications could or would be, if a 4 legged animal has to balance and walk/ hop differently, whether in time it could affect the other legs/ joints/ the back etc.

Good luck.

Ulrike

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 at 22:00, Romina <bunnyquestions108@...> wrote:
Hi All

We took in a shipwreck stray and spath report concludes sarcoma in the ankle joint so thinking about amputating if it hasnt spread.

Does anyone here have experience with a tripod that had the front leg amputated

If yes, how are they doing?
Thanks
Romina
_._,_._

motek_and_gozal

My beautiful angel, Pashosh, broke her front leg in 2 places and, due to age and medical condition, the only solution was amputation. She was already 11.5 yo with severe arthritis. The surgery went well, but, very sadly, she only lived another month or so. At first all was good, but then she started to deteriorate. It was extremely difficult to make her comfortable once she started feeling better and wanted to be up. I'm very sorry that this is not good news. She was very brave and I think about her all the time and miss her terribly. Knowing what I know now, I think I would have still tried it though. I suppose it depends on your bunny's age and medical considerations.

Tal